Wednesday, 4 May 2016
Today was the best Immersion assembly ever, we had the best welcome back to school in the world with our teachers and our friends and the year eights are back! Once I got to school there were teachers welcoming us back to normal life at PT England. We had to go to the hall because it was IMMERSION ASSEMBLY and there were cool presentations that were going on about each team is going to learn for this term.
Team one is learning about their favorite things to do like click here to go to the SOUND OF MUSIC song and will be a different person and you will be filled with joy. I think that team one is going to learn creatively and share with the love of my favorite things.
Team two is learning about the wonderful colors of seasons like Autumn, Winter, Summer, and Spring and they're going to be like colorful young Children with flowers on there heads with a little bit of SPARK and a tiny little tink. So basicly there learning about seasons and beautiful colors.
Team three is learning about Building and making stuff out of strange things like if you are going to make a cow then they will make it out of the corn beef can and click here if you want to see this in action. So the work that team three is doing is basicly art.
Team fore is learning about SUPERHEROES in comic books and what does that do with art? It means that there exploring the great books of comic and puls there so lucky because they can have superheros in there amazing books. So basically they're just going to have fun for that hole of this term ha ha ha.
Finally, Team five has the beautiful art ever it is learning about the Awesome 4 wakas that came at our beach not long and oh boy it was so sparkly with people on board.So we are learning for this term AS I SEE IT, and that is what all this term is about. n
Sunday, 1 May 2016
Make personalized bookmarks:
- Sturdy cardboard
- Small looped tassel or ribbon
- Foam letter stickers
- Glitter glue
- Hole puncher
To make the bookmarks:
- Cut out the cardboard in the shape of a bookmark.
- Make a hole in the middle of one of the short ends.
- Have guests spell out their names in letter stickers and apply them down the center of the cardboard.
- Next, let them decorate with glitter and markers.
- Help them thread the tassel or ribbon through the hole and then tie it.
Snacks: Serve foods based on the theme of the book:
Finger sandwiches, sugar cookies, and apple juice served in teacups (Fancy Nancy orMiss Spider's Tea Party).
Moon squirters (tomatoes), orange twiglets (carrots), mermaid food (fishsticks), cloud fluff (mashed potatoes), and green drops (peas) based on Charlie and Lola: I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child.
Birthday Cake: A cake decorated to coordinate with the book's theme will ensure a happy ending to your child's party.
- Bake a 13-by-9-by-2-inch cake.
- Frost the cake in an icing color that matches the book's jacket.
- Pipe the main characters of the book, if they are easy to replicate.
- Or arrange appropriate figurines, small toys, candies, edible flowers and other objects on top of the cake.For example, the book, Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser, a favorite among this age group, would be well represented with a cake frosted with "fuschia" icing (that's Nancy's fancy word for purple) and adorned with edible flowers, plastic jewelry, curling ribbons and assorted candies.
Party Favors: If it's in your budget, consider giving away a copy of the book with a personalized bookplate. Or, offer small notepads, bookmarks, decorative pencils, and stickers.